Buffered vitamin C supplement for antioxidant stress and adrenal support
Formulated by Dr. James L. Wilson for people experiencing stress or adrenal fatigue*
- Optimal amount of sustained release vitamin C for stress support*
- Natural citrus bioflavonoids ratio enhances vitamin C potency*
- Buffered to be gentle on stomach*
- pH balanced with trace minerals
- Specific bioavailable mineral forms that support adrenal function and antioxidant formation*
- Sustained release vitamin C promotes gradual absorption and optimal utilization*
- One of the 4 original products in Dr. Wilson’s Adrenal Fatigue Quartet
- Superior vitamin C for regular daily use
1-3 caplets daily or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Stress & Vitamin C
The more stressed you are, the more vitamin C your body uses up. Unlike most animals, humans cannot make their own vitamin C and have limited capacity to store it, so vitamin C must be consumed regularly. Your body’s stress response system depends on vitamin C to function properly, which is why adrenal and pituitary glands (key parts of the stress response system) contain some of the highest levels of vitamin C in the human body.
In fact, the amount of vitamin C in the blood was once considered the best measure of adrenal function, before actual adrenal hormones could be measured. Another reason adequate vitamin C intake is so important when you are stressed is that vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that neutralizes free radicals. Stress accelerates oxidation, creating more potentially damaging free radicals in your body.
Oxidation is necessary to health and the resulting free radicals are normally handled by your body. However, too much oxidation can create an overload, which left unchecked can contribute to health issues related to free radical tissue and DNA damage, and the adrenal glands are especially vulnerable. This means that whether you are experiencing ‘good’ stress in aerobics class or a ‘bad’ stress dealing with a hectic lifestyle, or you are struggling with adrenal fatigue, making sure you get enough vitamin C makes sense for your body’s wellbeing.